The Empowering Homes Solar Battery Program is a highly beneficial interest-free loan program for homeowners in NSW looking forward to installing solar battery power system in their homes. If you are living in NSW, you could also benefit from this program. So, let’s get into the details quickly.
What Is It?
The Empowering Homes Solar Battery Program is an NSW Government-backed interest-free loan program to help homeowners save more on their power bills and become more energy self-sufficient. If you don’t have a solar power and battery system in your house yet, this program is the easiest and most affordable way to get one. You can also add a solar battery system to your existing solar PV through the Empowering Homes program.
The program offers two interest-free loan options to install solar battery systems:
- It provides a loan of up to $14,000 for a solar PV and solar battery system, which is repayable over a range of terms up to 8 years. This is a great option to take your first step towards renewable energy and power savings.
- It offers a loan of up to $9,000 for retrofitting a solar battery system to an existing solar power system, which is repayable over a range of terms of up to 10 years. This is an excellent option for homeowners who already own a solar energy system and would like to switch to a solar battery system for effective power savings.
Should You Go for the Plan?
You should consider going for the Empowering Homes Program for three major reasons. To begin with, through this program, the NSW Government offers you a chance to get access to clean energy. Solar energy is a big investment, but this program makes it more affordable.
The second reason is it helps you make significant savings on your power bills. Solar panel and solar battery installation reduces your dependency on the grid, thus reducing power bills and making your energy self-sufficient. In general, the more your electricity usage, the more the savings. So, the savings you get depends on your power usage requirements. Finally, there is no better time to start creating a positive impact on the environment than now. As solar panels and solar battery systems do not emit greenhouse gas or pollute the environment, they help reduce your carbon footprint.
You are more likely to benefit from the Empowering Homes Program if:
- You have higher electricity usage, typically more than 6,000 kWh a year.
- Consume most of the electricity during the daytime, the mornings, and evenings.
- You are on a Time Of Use (TOU) tariff plan or plan to switch to one sooner.
- You have other energy-saving measures already implemented.
You may be eligible if you qualify for the below conditions:
- You must live in any of the approved postcodes.
- Your household income per annum must not be more than $180,000.
- You must be the owner of your grid-connected home— you must live in it and have the authority to install the solar battery system.
- Must satisfy the loan criteria.
You can also apply for the program if you already have a solar power system and want to upgrade with a solar battery. Also, note that the program is only available for houses connected to the power grid system (unavailable for off-grid systems).
Our team at Always Energy will provide you a no-obligation quote on your solar system in Port Macquarie, Newcastle, and Coffs Harbour areas in NSW. We will customise a premium solar energy system that works the best for your power requirements.
Reach out to us for more information.